Mirror Mirror on the Wall...

I have these. You have these. Everyone does.

Insecurities. Oh, this dreaded word. I and it have come a long way. I guess I can say I have a long history with it. But first, what even are insecurities?

Insecurities are a common part of the human experience. They are those nagging thoughts and feelings that we all have about ourselves, our abilities, and our worth. No matter how confident someone may appear on the outside, there are always moments of self-doubt and insecurity. 



Insecurities can take many different forms. For some, it may be a fear of failure or not measuring up to expectations. For others, it may be a physical insecurity, such as feeling self-conscious about their appearance. Insecurities can also be rooted in past experiences or traumas, leading to a lack of trust in oneself or others. Whatever the cause, insecurities can be overwhelming and negatively impact our mental and emotional well-being.

Insecurities can have a significant impact on our lives. They can lead to anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem, making it difficult to function in our daily lives. Insecurities can also lead to negative coping mechanisms, such as overeating or substance abuse, as we try to numb the pain and discomfort of feeling insecure. Insecurities can also impact our relationships, as we may struggle to trust others or feel unworthy of love and affection.

Now, let's talk about my relationship with insecurities. It's been bitter-sweet. Mostly bitter though. I have always been a bit overweight, even though it's my body type, and I cannot change it for the life of me, it still harms my life. Not being able to wear oversized clothes confidently because my chest will make me look twice my size, not eating my fill while with others, and laughing about jokes made about my own weight to escape from embarrassment, are just a few examples of how insecurities about my weight have shaped my mindset negatively.



It hurts, so so bad. But I can't do anything about it. I can't change either: my body or people's opinions about it. I often find myself in this tough situation. But if you can't fix it, don't. 

Through the years of bullying, I've learned to accept the truth. I'll have to someday, why not now? People around me also have insecurities. Some cannot stop picking at their face, while some are complaining about their brows. 

Insecurities are a burden we all carry, but they do not have to define us. By acknowledging, accepting, and working to overcome our insecurities, we can live happier, more fulfilling lives. Remember, you are not alone in your struggles, and there is always help and support available to you.

So now, ask yourself the following question when you look into the mirror...

"Mirror Mirror on the Wall, who's the prettiest of them all?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tough times...

venting...

why?...